Get (well) started with BIML
jan 21mandag 21/01/2019 - tirsdag 22/01/2019
09:00 - 16:00 Hillerød
- Kr.10,995.00 ekskl. MOMS
- Dette kursus varer 2 dage
- Der medfølger kursusmateriale til dette kursus
- Dette kursus koster 2 klip på dit klippekort.
- Fuld forplejning (Morgenmad, frokost, kage, kaffe og sodavand ad libitum)
In this hands-on workshop you will learn about BIML, write it yourself, and get familiar enough with the concepts, methods and the way it works, to write up all the BIML you will need afterwards. You will go from "Zero to BIML to BIMLScript" in the duration of the two days. That means, that leaving the course, you will never ever again have to go over hundreds of packages to change a datatype or add a column, all you'll need to do, is to change your meta-data and you are home free.
As our meta-data repository, we will use SQL Servers built-in Master Data Services. You will be given a thorough introduction to this component and learn how to use it.
At the end of the course, this combination will make you able to build your entire ETL structures meta-driven using BIML.
As this is a bring your own laptop workshop, we will build the solution together, and you will have a working BIML model, that you have built yourself, and understands at the end of day 2. Therefore; after the course, you can go straight to work, and start implementing your new BIML meta-data framework.
You should have a working knowledge about SSIS and general ETL concepts to get the most out of the days, but no prior knowledge about BIML is required, we will start from scratch.
Rasmus is an independent contractor working mainly as a Data Warehouse Architect for large worldwide organizations. He has worked with Microsoft BI since 2005 both as a developer and architect, building large solutions on every release from SQL server 2005 and onwards.
Rasmus is certified is MSCE SQL Server (Data platform & BI), a long time speaker at various SQLSaturdays, PASS SQLRally Nordic and SQLBits.
This is a hands-on / bring your laptop course, so attendants are supposed to bring a laptop with SSMS, SSDT-BI / Visual Studio and BIDSHelper or BIMLExpress to get the most out of it.
- Intro to BIML
- What is BIML, the syntax and how to go about it
- Intro to C# in a BIML context
- Why MDS
- How to build and maintain metadata in MDS
- Advanced BIML, aka work smarter, not harder
- Include files
- The architecture and framework development
- Applying metadata to your BIML files
- Use C# code in your BIML files
- Combining all the above to a complete working BIML model